- Paintings are hand-painted with acrylic paint on regular 3/4-inch deep stretched canvas.
- Signed by the artist on the front and back.
- Gallery wrapped (edges are painted) for a continuous image on all sides of the piece. If you wish, just hang it instead of framing it. Sides are staple free.
- Protective varnish is applied to help protect the artwork from UV light, dust and dirt.
- Shipping costs and shipping insurance are not included in the price of the painting.
How to Order Your Custom Painting
- Send me an e-mail with a photo (or portion of a photo) you wish painted, and size of your desired painting. The photograph must not be a copyrighted image. Your photograph in digital format (JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF) must be as high-resolution as possible, at least 1000 pixels on the long side, with the features well visible. If you don’t have a scanned image of your photograph, you may send me the photo itself.
- We will discuss desired colors of the painting background (background can be single or multicolored, realistic or abstract). Price depends on canvas size and complexity, such as how detailed the background is, how many persons or objects in the portrait, is it a full body portrait or head and shoulders portrait, etc. I typically work with canvas sizes 16″x12″, 16″x20″ or 18″x24″ but I may be able to accommodate other canvas sizes depending on their availability in art supply stores.
- After reviewing your requirements I will send you a price for the painting. The reference photo for commissioned paintings must be of good quality, i.e. compositionally sound and have good resolution. If the photo’s quality is not adequate I might ask you to send me supplementary photos. I can also work with you to create a colour painting from a black and white photo. After the price and size of the painting have been determined I can provide an estimate of shipping costs and shipping insurance (see Shipping page).
- A 50% deposit is required upon agreement of commission. After the painting is completed I will send you a photo of the painting and the remainder of the funds will be payable at that time. I accept payment through Paypal and E-transfer.
- Time to complete a commissioned painting varies depending on the size and composition of the painting. Once I have the details of the desired painting I am able to provide an estimate of completion date.